Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"Hub on Wheels" Ride ... and New Photos

First some photos from my Labor Day Weekend early-morning bike rides:

I rode past beautiful marshes...


...watched a tanker ship steam into Boston Harbor...


...enjoyed the open road...



...rode by this cool little green house...


...and looked out onto the ever-changing sea...




This all came after a week of traveling on business, so it sure felt great to be home.

My cycling routine is now back on track ... which is good, because I recently signed up to do a large charity bike ride. It's the Hub on Wheels ride on September 27th. "The Hub" is a nickname for Boston -- short for "The Hub of the Universe" (yes, we do think highly of our city here). There are three courses to choose from: 10 miles, 30 miles, or 50 miles. I'll see how I'm feeling that morning, but I think I'll shoot for the 30 mile course. This will be my first "event" ride, so I'm really looking forward to it! Last year 4,000 riders attended.

The day before the ride is the Mayor's Cup Professional Bike Race, which is also very exciting. It's a criterium (a short, multi-lap course) around City Hall. I've painted pictures of bike races, watched them on t.v., and spent hours reading magazines about them on the subway -- but I've never actually seen one in person! I can't wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment