Saturday, April 3, 2010

Early Morning on the Road

It's 70 degrees outside as I write this post, at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday. But this morning the temperature was in the low 40's. So when I got out of bed at 6:00 a.m., I had a choice ... I could go back to sleep and plan for an afternoon ride in the warmer weather (the forecasters have been talking about it for days), or I could head out at 6:20 with the cold still in the air, but enjoy sunrise over the bay and little traffic.

I chose the sunrise...




Even though it was fairly light when I began my ride (and I was wearing my usual bright-red windbreaker), I still attached lights to my bike to be doubly sure cars could see me...


But really, the roads are always pretty much all mine that hour of the morning...


...except for a feathery friend fishing beside the causeway...

No comments:

Post a Comment